Friday, November 14, 2008

Support our Troops and remember those who Served!!

Tuesday November 11th My family and I had the pleasure of attending a ceremony honoring my Grandfather and for his service in the Army durning World War II. My grandfather was a POW for 4 years where many times he was beaten with in an inch of his life. By the time Japan surendered my grandpa only weighed 84 lbs. My grandpa is now 92 years old and what keeps him going is his garden and his grandkids. He has 3 sons and those 3 sons are Reid, Donald, and Rod. Reid has 2 children Marideth and Diana. Marideth has 2 boys and Diana has 1 girl. Donald also has 2 girls Martha and Myla. Martha has 1 girl and Myla has 1 boy. Rod is my father he has 3 girls and 1 boy. Lori is the oldest and she has 5 children 4 boys and 1 girl. Heidi has 1 girl. Shawn the only boy to pass on the Goodliffe name has 1 girl and 1 boy (he know has the pressure to pass on the name). I have 2 girls and 1 boy. So grandpa has 9 grandchildren and 16 greatgrandchildren. Out of all the grandkids 18 where at the ceremony. I am proud to live in this land of freedom but I am even more proud of my grandfather who gave so much to fight so his kids and grandkids could have the freedom we are so proud of. Thank you grandpa and to all of those who have served in the armed forces and sacrificed to keep this beautiful land free and safe. I'm Proud to be an American!!!!!

1 comment:

Jess and Kip said...

He is like the cutest grandpa ever! That's really neat that he served so many years and that he was honored!